Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Old

For half my life I have consciously pursued my art. Most of those years trying to work as an inker in the comic field. I have not had what you would call great success. Honestly you wouldn't call it success. I've been published quite a few times. Just never for pay equal to the work. I've been right to the cusp of working at the Big Two. I've just never made that jump.
I think I figured out the key. I am not an inker. Never have been one. An Inker i meant to follow. I have a hard time doing that. My natural tendency is to lead. Leading in my other life has paid me well and earned all the things I thought I would get as an inker, money, respect and confidence. In my other world I am the alpha dog. The best in show. I don't back down and I don't settle for anything less than the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home