Sunday, September 18, 2005

Desperation

I've only posted to this blog a couple of times now. I haven't even really told any of my friends it exists. I wanted to get comfortable with the voice and expression before I try to make noise with it. What surprised me is that I got a comment. A comment with two links to an online dating site.
I am not sure what to think.
I might expect something like that if I had posted something like this.

SCENE 1
WOMAN, JODI, ARRIVING HOME, OTHER CAR THE IMPRESSION
SPACE EMPTY. FIXES DINNER, HUSBAND STILL NOT HOME. READS BOOK, WATCHES LATE NEWS, HUSBAND STILL NOT HOME. WOMAN UP AT FIVE, BED EMPTY. HUSBAND ASLEEP ON COUCH ACROSS ROOM. WOMAN DISENCHANTED. DAY TURNS TO NIGHT. REPEAT WOMAN ARRIVING HOME, HUSBAND’S CAR ONCE AGAIN NOT THERE. WOMAN DISENCHANTED. SHE PULLS BUSINESS CARD FROM PURSE. CLOSE UP ON CARD “UNINHIBITED” “602-86” FINGER COVERING REST OF NUMBER AS IT RUNS OVER IT.

SCENE 2
ANNETTE SITS ACROSS FROM JODI. ANNETTE IS CONFIDENT, INDEPENDANT, AND STRONG. SHE’S A WOMAN WHO KNOWS AND GETS WHAT SHE WANTS. WE’RE IN A BAR, UPSCALE.
‘I DIDN’T THINK YOU WOULD CALL THIS SOON.
‘I KNEW YOU WOULD, JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD TAKE AT LEAST A WEEK. MAYBE, JUST MAYBE TWO.
JODI BLUSHING
“I…I DON’T QUITE KNOW WHAT I’M DOING HERE”
TWO SHOT OF BOTH WOMEN, SIDE VIEW
‘YOU’RE HAVING A DRINK WITH SOMEONE YOU JUST MET YESTERDAY. YOU’RE EXPLORING.”
‘SEEING THE WORLD. LOOKING FOR NEW “
TIGHTER ON JODI
“I DON’T KNOW ABOUT THIS.
“I’VE NEVER BEEN… UNFAITHFUL”
ANNETTE LAUGHING
‘UNFAITHFUL. THAT’S FUNNY.”
‘SWEETIE, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHEATING. THIS IS ALL ABOUT YOU.”

What I had posted is a rant on people I used to work with.
It's funny. At least to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home